At Sagebrush, we are always looking for ways to offer our great-tasting coffee. It doesn’t have to be hot and black all the time. Just like the drinks we tried in our previous video, Espresso Tonic and the Cold Brew Arnold Palmer, there are many creative and refreshing ways to enjoy coffee on a hot day. Another trending drink we want to share with our customers is the Cold Foam Cold Brew. We made this drink extra special and summery by adding passionfruit flavor to the cold foam topping. Foam does not have to go with hot drinks. Now you can enjoy the delicious taste and texture of foam on top of a cold brew or iced latte. Milk will foam up nicely with a hand frother or even a French Press.
Our Coffee of Choice:
We used our Cold Brew to make this drink, which we brewed using our Brown Label, Guatemala El Regalito. We recommend using Latin American coffee or beans with chocolate or nutty notes for Cold Brew.
Hand Frother or French Press?
You don’t need a steam wand to foam milk. If you’re making an iced drink, hot foam isn’t the way to go; cold foam is the best. You can use a hand, battery-operated frother, but did you know you can also use a French Press? Watch our video to see the kind of foam a French Press can make. It’s creamier and thicker foam than the one a run-of-the-mill hand frother makes.
How to Make This Drink:
- Fill your cup with ice about ¾ of the way.
- Pour 3 ounces of cold brew.
- Add water, leaving room for the passion fruit foam.
- Add ½ ounce of passion fruit syrup (or any flavor of your choice) to your milk before frothing.
- Froth milk until your desired consistency.
- Top drink with flavored foam.
Milk Frothing Tips:
- Skim milk gives you the best results when it comes to foam. You can use other kinds of milk like 2% or whole milk, but you may get different results.
- You can use alternative milk like almond or oat milk. Be aware that those kinds of milk froth very differently. Your result may be airier rather than foamy.